Date of Birth: 13th September 1950
Place of Birth: Akadot
Marital Status: Married (Late. Joseph Acigwa)
- Primary Bishop Teaching College Ngora Dem Primary School 1958 – 1963
- Ngora Girls Junior School 1964 – 1971
- Gayaza High School 1966 – 1971
- Makerere University Medical School 1972 – 1974
- Makerere University BSc Agriculture 1974 – 1977
Mrs. Acigwa holds over 25 years of operational experience in banking and working with rural and peri-urban communities. She was the Chairperson of Uganda Agency for Development Limited (UGAD) a shareholder of UGAFODE Microfinance Limited (MDI) from 2012 to 2017 and Resident Director of UGAFODE Microfinance Limited from July 2009 to July 2010 during its transition from an NGO to an MDI.
She worked with Stanbic Bank Uganda and Uganda Commercial Bank in various capacities between 1984 and 2008. She was also a trainer at the Uganda Institute of Banking and Financial Services where she contributed to the development and revision of the syllabus in Banking and Management, Leadership skills including Microfinance approaches and practices.
She also Served in Ministry of Agriculture.
Served in various Boards of Directors:
- Uganda Agency for Development Limited since its inception.
- UGAFODE Microfinance Limited
- Uganda Development Trust
- East African Premier Investment Limited
- National Social Security Fund (NSSF) Uganda
There will be a funeral service at Agape Baptist Church, Ntinda opposite Independent Hospital today on Friday 10th October 2022 starting at 02:00pm followed by vigil at Bob Akileng’s residence in Kiira.
Travel from Kampala to Soroti Home on Saturday 08th October 2022 for Vigil Prayers.
Burial will take place at their ancestral home on Sunday 09th October 2022 in Adacar – Usuk – Katakwi District starting with a funeral service at 12:00noon.
Informed are; Relatives, Friends and In-laws.
MAY HER SOUL REST IN ETERNAL PEACE.