The late was born on 27th November 1974 to the late Mr. Nathan Odwar and Mrs. Peninnah Odwar.
- The late studied at Madera Boys for his primary education from 1980-1987. He then proceeded to join Teso College Aloet in 1988 -1994 where he attained a Uganda Certificate of Education (UCE).
- In 1995, he joined Ngora High School for an Advanced Certificate of Education (UACE).
- From 1996 – 2000, he persued and obtain a Bachelor’s Degree of Science in Agriculture from Makerere University.
- Later, he was admitted to a prestigious University of Copenhagen in Denmark where he persued Master’s Degree in Agricultural Development. He then proceeded to attend a short course in China in 2012.
The late James Epilo was married to Mrs. Helen Beatrice Epilo. He has left behind five children:
- Apio Lewis Ruth
- Ateme Bernadette
- Epilo Isaac
- Akerepo Irene Linda
- Ajilong Angel Gaudensia.
- He worked with Katakwi District Local Government as an Agricultural Officer from 2001- 2004.
- From 2005 – 2009, he worked as a District Coordinator for National Agricultural and Advisory Services (NAADs) programme.
- Before going to Denmark for the Masters programme, he got a part time technical job as technical advisory under the joint programme of United Nations Food and Agricultural Organization (FAO), World Food Programme (WFP) and (Northern Uganda Social Action Fund (NUSAF).
- When he returned back from his graduate studies, James rejoined to work in Katakwi District Local Government.
- From 2013 to until the time of his death, James has been working with Kampala Capital City Authority (KCCA) as Agribusiness Officer.
- James also worked with Agriculture Cluster Development Project (ACDP) with the Ministry of Agricultural, Animal Industry and Fisheries (MAAIF).
- He served as chairperson of Soroti United Comrades Association (SUCA)
- He was as chairman of various marriage committees of various couples both in the clan and friends.
- He was a technical advisor for Teso Professional Forum
- He also served as a private consultant with a number of organisations
- He was so passionate about education. He supported the education of a number of siblings, relatives and friends’ children.
- James was a clan leader of Inyakoi.
- Personality and character
- He was dependable and reliable
- He was sincere and honest
- He was a very disciplined and humble person.
- He loved to serve people and authentic.
- He was a responsible family man.
There will be a Funeral Service at St. Peter’s Church Of Uganda, Kisasi on Thursday 04th March, 2021 starting at 10:00am.
There will be another Funeral Service at St. Peter’s Cathedral, Soroti on Friday 05th March, 2021 starting at 10:00am.
Burial will take place at their home in Akunyuko- Kapaang-Kachumbala sub-county, Bukedea district on Saturday 6th March, 2021 at 02:00pm.
May the good Lord reward him with eternal for serving his people and the nation. We will miss him dearly but we pray that the God Lord his soul in eternal peace.