Date of Birth: 26.11.1926
Date of Death: 07.09.2021
Wife: Eulalia Namusoke Nakirigya
Parents: Lillian Naisanga and Mikayili Kawuta Waiswa
Siblings: Moses Kikuuli, Sebasi Lubaale, Lazaro, Thomasi Ngobi. Agnes, Magdalena, Nonsiata, Anasitasia and Theopista.
Children: Christina Nakirya, Frances Nambi Kaneene, Stephen Waiswa Budigi Ngobi, Regina Ndagire Nairuba Ngobi-Dutt, Rose Naisanga Ngobi, Charles Kawuta Ngobi, Agnes Kanyuke Mutimba, Diana Nkabi Ngobi, Josephine Mukoda Ngobi, Father Vincent Kimera, Father John Baptist Kaddu Mukwaaya.
Kamuli Primary School, Kidiki Primary school, Budini Junior Secondary School, Namilyango Boys´ School, Makerere University and Manchester, England.
Taata has had a very illustrative career that has spanned distinguished roles in government, business and civic organizations. Some of these are summarized below:
- First Post- Independence Minister of Agriculture Co-operation and Forestry (1963- 1966)
- Minister for Agriculture and Forestry – (1979 – 1980)
- Minister of Local Government (1979 – 1980)
- Minister of State in the President’s office (1980) (Presidential Nominee)
- Member, Constituent Assembly (1994 – 1995)
- Council Member, UN Food and Agriculture Organization
- Manager, Busoga Growers and Cooperatives Society
- Minister for culture and Special Advisor to the Busoga Kingdom (Obwabakyabazinga)
- Director, Madhvani Group of Companies
- Chairman, Nile Breweries Limited
- Consul General – Yugoslavia
- Chairman, Makerere University Council (1991 -2001
- Chairman, Lint Marketing Board
- Chairman, District Service Commission – Jinja
- Director, Mercantile Properties Ltd
There will be a Funeral Service at Rubaga Cathedral, Jinja on Wednesday 15th December, 2021 starting at 12:00pm.
Burial will take place at their ancestral home in Namulesa, Jinja on Thursday 16th December, 2021 starting at 10:00am.
Informed are: Relatives, Friends and In-laws.