Date of Birth: 26 February 1934
Date of Death: 2nd May, 2021.
Parents: The late Blasio and Gertrude Nakimbugwe Kavuma
- Gayaza Junior School
- Kings College Budo
- Trained Nursing and Midwifery in England in the UK.
- Was one of the first African Nursing Tutors in Uganda.
- One of the pioneers of the ‘Mwana Mugimu’ ward at Mulago Hospital and better nutrition (balanced diet) for all mothers and their babies.
- While in exile in Tanzania between 1971 – 1979 she started a chicken farm called Sealand’s Farm which was one of the main suppliers of Fresh Chicken and Eggs to hotels, restaurants and individual buyers in Dar-es-Salaam.
- On return from exile in 1979, she opened a shop on Uganda House called Peggy.
- Garments Ltd. She became at that time, the main supplier of first-class materials like Gomesi belts, Skin creams and Hair Products which she bought initially from the United Kingdom and subsequently from Hong Kong.
- Peggy Garments eventually closed in 2016 and she went into retirement at the age ripe old age of 82.
Family: Married Hon. Samuel Ngude Odaka on the 21August 1965.
- Julie Mundawarara
- Margaret Breuell
- Solome Kiwanuka-Mukiibi
- Daniel Odaka (RIP)
- Miriam Odaka Wanjohi
- Gertrude Pendelton
There will be a Funeral Service at All Saints Cathedral on Thursday 6th May, 2021 starting at 2:30pm, thereafter a vigil will be held at their home in Mbuya off Serunkuma Road, Plot 1 Daniel Odaka Close.
Burial will take place in Bulemezi next to St. Mugagga Primary School, Bamunanika-Wobulenzi Road, Zirobwe, Luweero District on Friday 7th May, 2021 at 02:00pm.