Date of Birth: 19th December 1934
Date of Death: 28th November 2022
Parents: Anderea Kirya and Erika Kadondi Kirya
He married his wife Janet Nahirya Kirya 23rd April 1960 at St. Andrews Cathedral, Mbale
- Geoffrey Kirya
- Frank Kirya
- David Kirya
- Stephen Kirya
- Rita Kirya
- Andrew Kirya
- Kamonkoli Primary School (P3)
- IKI-IKI Primary School
- Nabumali High School
- Makerere University (then the University of London) BA
- University of Kent MA
- Makerere University PhD
- Became a Probation and Social Welfare Officer in June 1960
- 1st posting was in Kampiringisa, a School for Juvenile delinquents
- 2nd posting was Luzira as a Prisons and Social Welfare Officer
- 3rd posting was Mbale as Area Probation and Social Welfare Officer covering Mbale, Bukedi, Sebei and Teso
- In 1964-1969 he was made a Chief Executive Officer designated as Administrative Secretary of Bukedi District with the lobbying of Hon. Balaki Kirya.
- Head of School of Local Government and later promoted to Deputy Principal
- 1972-1978 became the first Principal of IPA and founding Member of African Association of Public Administration and Management.
- Became Permanent Secretary in the Ministry of Local Government and later Ministry of Water, Lands, Minerals and Natural Resources.
- In 1980 became Secretary General, Pan African Institute for Development in West Africa based in Cameroon
- 1994 he was appointed Member of Pallisa District Service Commission
- 1998 he was elected as Chairperson LC5, Pallisa District and Chairperson NRM Districts Executive Committee
- 2004 he was appointed Member of the Public Service Commission and the Judicial Service Commission by H.E the President where he served up to 2022.
There will be a funeral service at All Saints Church Nakasero on Thursday 01st December 2022 starting at 10:00am followed by vigil at their home in Kamonkoli.
Burial will take place at their ancestral home in Kamonkoli on Saturday 02nd December 2022 starting with a funeral service at 10:00am.
Informed are; Relatives, Friends and In-laws.
MAY HIS SOUL REST IN ETERNAL PEACE