Date of Birth: 5th October 1949
Parents: Edward luwagga (RIP) and Namasinga Joyce (RIP)
Wife: Barbara Ssempa Ssekiziyivu
He married on 17th January 1987
Children: Sheila, Maggie, Arthur, Mesh, Edward and Elsie
Education and Career Background
- He attended Kasule’s Nursery School at Nateete before joining Nateete Primary School.
- He later joined Kampala Secondary School on then Salisbury Road (now Nasser road).
- Assisted by his uncle – the Late Meshach Mukasa of Bulange -Richard started his working career at gaily and Roberts (a British Company) in the late 1960’s.
- After President Idi Amin took power in 1971, and him having chased the Indians, his father was awarded a shop on Kampala Road previously known as “Tankariarama” which his father named “Singo combined traders limited”.
- He moved from Gailey and Roberts to Singo combined traders to work with his father.
- He was frequently sent to Nairobi, Kenya by his father to buy men’s wear for sale in the shop.
- According to Solomon Kiyegga Galiwango, a close childhood friend and neighbor to Richard, in Nairobi, he got acquainted with.
- As a youth, Richard was a boy scout – who enjoyed riding bicycles, camping etc.
- He took pleasure in photography and had a camera in his teens plus a large collection of photographs, taken over many years.
- Richard was a football player and team manager for Nateete Hot Stars.
- He was a team manager for Bank of Uganda Football Club.